There has been much press over recent year regarding the infamous alpha lipoic acid vitamin. Apparently the alpha lipoic acid vitamin has several properties which make it more beneficial to people with multiple disorder and illness and for people who are just looking for an immune system boost, however from which is currently published on the internet.
First of all this substance is not even a vitamin, it is antioxidants. Unfortunately, several people view the substance as a vitamin, however it has been correctly identified andantioxidants for few years. As an antioxidants, alpha lipoic acid fight free radicals in the body. Free radicals generally destroy the integrity of the cells and in general damage the body cells. It is actually been proven that as human being, we generally have the ability to live very long.
What is the Best Form of Alpha Lipoic Acid?
Basically, there are two forms of Alpha Lipoic Acid and if you’re not vigilant, you could be taking the wrong form. Most supplements are selling a type of Lipoic Acid that containsboth forms of the antioxidant, called S and R. You should be looking for R – Lipoic Acid which is the only form of lipoic acid that your body synthesizes and also can safely metabolize.
What are the Basic Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid?
- It is currently utilized in Europe to treat peripheral nerve degeneration (neuropathy) resulting from diabetes.
- It helps make Vitamin C and Vitamin E work well.
- It is used to treat and detox the liver.
- Protects and repairs cells.
- Scientists are discovering it may be helpful in treating or preventing cataracts, atherosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks, and memory and brain function.